Standards and costs for football field lighting
Introduction to Football Stadium
Football is a highly competitive sports event that is widely welcomed worldwide. According to FIFA regulations, The length of the football field is 105-110m, the width is 68-75m, and the official international competition field is 68m × 105m, there should be no obstacles within at least 5m outside the bottom line and sideline of the court to ensure the safety of athletes. Indoor football is a 5-person system, with a field size of 38-42m in length and 18-22m in width. The indoor football field for international matches is 40m in length and 20m in width, with a goal width of 3m and a height of 2m.
For a modern football field, it is not only required to have complete sports facilities, but also to have a good lighting environment. There are strict requirements in terms of illumination, uniformity of illumination, light color, finger display, glare, etc., to ensure the lighting effect required for athletes, referees, and game events. In addition, it should also meet the audience’s good viewing visual experience and the television broadcasting needs of major events.
The most important goal of football field lighting is to illuminate the playing field, provide high-quality digital video signals to the media, and have no unpleasant glare to athletes and referees, as well as no overflow and glare to the audience and surrounding environment.
Installation height of lighting fixtures
The installation height of lighting fixtures determines the success or failure of the lighting system. The height of the lamp frame or pole should meet an angle of 25 ° from the center of the venue to the direction of the stadium audience and the horizontal plane. The height of the lamp frame or pole can exceed the minimum angle requirement of 25 °, but should not exceed 45 °.
The lighting system is divided into six levels (Level I and Level VI). Three of these levels require high-quality television broadcasting. In situations where television broadcasting is required, in order to ensure that each camera receives sufficient light and records high-quality recordings, lighting design should consider the actual camera position used. The primary goal of the lighting system is to ensure that the lighting on the sidelines and bottom lines of the site is symmetrical, and when it is necessary to add fixed cameras and site cameras, it will not affect the quality of digital recording.
Audience and Broadcasting Perspectives
Providing a glare free environment for athletes, referees, and media is the most important design requirement. The following two areas are defined as glare zones, where lighting fixtures cannot be placed.
(1) Corner line area
In order to maintain a good view for the goalkeeper and attacking players in the corner kick area, lighting equipment should not be placed within the 15 ° area on either side of the goal line.
(2) Area behind the goal line
In order to maintain a good view of attacking players and defenders in front of the goal, as well as television station staff on the other side of the field, lighting equipment should not be placed within a range of 20 degrees behind the goal line and an area above 45 degrees above the goal line level.
Football field lighting fixtures
For professional football matches, the selection of lighting fixtures is crucial. High quality lighting fixtures and scheme design can effectively avoid issues such as overflow, glare, and uneven illumination, bring bright and comfortable lighting effects to the football field, better save energy, reduce operation and maintenance costs, and significantly improve the utilization rate and overall quality level of the football field. In the field of football lighting, shinetoo has created many football field lighting project cases across the country with its excellent product quality and professional technical service capabilities.
What factors should be considered for the lighting of football field lights
In traditional football field lighting, metal halide lamps are often used. With the maturity of LED lamp technology and the emergence of sports lighting, many football fields have also begun to use LED lamps and become popular; For metal halide lamps, LED lamps have obvious advantages;
1. It takes more than 5 minutes for the metal halide lamp to start, and the LED light will turn on once;
2. The color rendering of metal halide lamps is mostly only 60Ra or lower, while the color rendering of LED lamps is above 80Ra;
3. LED light without flickering;
4. The service life of LED lights can reach over 50000 hours, and the maximum service life of metal halide lights can reach 10000 hours;
5. The glare control of LED lamps is good; Rich light distribution, able to meet the lighting needs of different venues;
6. Significant energy-saving effect, saving more than 60% energy compared to metal halide lamps;
7. Metal halide lamps have a high annual light decay rate;
8. LED lights are easier to meet the requirements of television broadcasting;
In the lighting design of football fields, the following three factors need to be considered:
(1) During football matches, in order to ensure the brightness of the light and meet the visual requirements of athletes and referees, there should be no glare to avoid affecting the athlete’s game and the accurate judgment of the referee;
(2) Meet the visual requirements of the audience, and the lighting must not interfere with or affect the game;
(3) Lighting equipment must fully consider its convenience and safety during installation and later maintenance;
(4) Energy conservation issues should be fully considered, and efficient and energy-saving LED stadium lighting fixtures should be selected.
Lamp arrangement method
Amateur football field lighting method: four corner lighting
Installation position of lamp column:
The installation position of the lamp post should be at least outside the contact area of the center point of the goal bottom line at an angle of 10 ° and the midpoint of the sideline at an angle of 5 °.
Height of lamp column:
1. To create uniform lighting, the installation height of the lighting fixtures should be based on the boundary area that can be projected onto the adjacent lighting column.
2. To minimize glare, the angle between the center point of the court and the light pole should not be less than 25 °
We are worthy of your choice as an LED floodlights manufacturer and supplier. You can leave a message on our website or ask for LED LED floodlights prices and catalog!